Business owners and consumers both know that mobile payments are here to stay. Their growing popularity reflects both shifting customer expectations as well as new ways that businesses are getting work done. Because mobile commerce is now so ubiquitous, customers have come to expect payments to be seamless, frictionless, and nearly instantaneous. At the same time, companies have increasingly embraced remote work and doing business on the go, making mobile payments an essential tool for getting things done.
According to Statista, as of 2019, nearly a third of Americans said they would like to pay via smartphone all the time. Furthermore, an estimated 27.7 million mobile checkout devices are expected to be in use by 2021, according to Business Insider. That’s up from 3.2 million in 2014. People now expect to use their mobile devices in even more ways than before, and that includes seamless mobile payments.
Today, there is no reason to hold back on mobile: you can easily accept payments on a variety of devices, from phones to tablets. Whether you key in the payment or swipe, mobile payments can make the purchasing experience quick, easy, and effortless for both you and your customers.
Benefits of Mobile Payments
When you accept mobile payments, you benefit in more ways than one. For example, you get:
- More convenience. Customers expect convenient payment options, and that now includes mobile. Remember that nearly a third of Americans wish they could pay you with their smartphone, every single time. Mobile payments make it easy, simple, and convenient to meet your customers exactly where they are, encouraging greater engagement with your services and products, greater sales, and ultimately greater revenue for your business.
- More revenue. When you accept mobile payments, you don’t have to turn customers away because they don’t use your preferred payment method, like cash or check. Mobile payments make it easier for people to say “yes” to your products and services. Additionally, an easy and convenient mobile payment experience creates a positive customer impression and encourages them to do more business with you. For example, when PaySimple customer NEWPRO Home Improvement Solutions began using mobile payment collection, they had their most profitable year in over 70 years of business.
- More efficiency. Mobile payments help you get paid faster, cut down on paperwork, and maintain a favorable cash flow. Because you don’t have to process stacks of paper invoices, track down payments, or wait for customer checks to arrive, you have more time to grow your business. For example, before Reborn Cabinets started accepting payments through PaySimple, their Accounts Receivable department was constantly following up with sales representatives, field engineers, project managers, and customers to manually enter payments and process credit cards. PaySimple now lets them accept mobile payments directly from customers, reducing data entry and freeing up time for them to work on other growth projects.
- More for less. Another benefit of mobile payments is the cost of hardware, which is minimal when compared to other payment solutions. Tablets and phones are far more affordable than computers, and also more cost-effective than purchasing or leasing credit card processing machines. This makes offering mobile payments a relatively barrier-free solution for small businesses.
Mobile Solutions for Small Business
When you set up mobile payments for your business, you can accept customer payments from a variety of mobile devices, including phones and tablets. You can also choose from different mobile payment methods, whether you and your customers prefer to use a mobile app, email invoicing, online payment forms, or website buttons that make it possible to click and complete a purchase from your phone.
PaySimple Mobile Payments
If you’re ready to start using mobile payments, PaySimple offers a fast, flexible, and secure solution. With the PaySimple Mobile App, available for both Android and iOS, you can:
- Accept credit card and ACH payments in person, via key-in or swipe, or contactless
- Text payment forms to customers to quickly and conveniently collect remote payments
- Process customer registrations on the go
- Manage customer information and billing
- Track revenue and other metrics via in-app reports and dashboards
- Let customers checkout and pay, and access registration forms right from their phone or tablet
Making the most of the trend towards mobile payments, PaySimple customer Kinsley’s Cookie Cart now collects donations online and in-person via mobile swipers and iPads. This has been a wise response to shifting donor preferences: today, the percentage of Americans who donate via mobile has increased by up to 80% since 2013, according to the Chronicle of Philanthropy. With the help of iPad tablets at in-person events, Kinsely’s Cookie Cart accepts payments for event tickets, silent auction items, and one-time as well as recurring monthly donations.
The PaySimple Mobile App can give you the power to run your business wherever you, your employees, and your customers happen to be. You can choose to accept payments on mobile exclusively, or combine it with other collection methods. Even when you use multiple payment methods, PaySimple tracks them all and ties them back together within the PaySimple solution. PaySimple even offers a payment API that lets you collect secure mobile payments from within your own mobile app.
Ready to get started? PaySimple can help!