So, you’re all set up with a mobile payments solution for your business and ready to break it our at your next in-person customer encounter. Chances are that customers will not only be impressed in your new application, but they’ll appreciate being able to pay you on-the-spot.
But, as with any new technology, you’ll get the occasional naysayer, the ‘wait-and-see’ consumer, as opposed to the ‘early-adopter,’ if you will. But don’t sweat it.
We’ve come up with a list of ways to make your customers comfortable with mobile payments:
- Believe in the system yourself: Before taking your mobile device into the field, familiarize yourself with the system and even run a few test transactions. The more confident you are in using your mobile payments solution, the more comfortable your customers will be.
- Run the payment it in front of the customer: One of the beauties of mobile payments is that you can complete the transaction at the time of service. Much like watching a clerk ring up items at a grocery store, show your customer that you’re entering the right amount before you finalize the transaction. This not only shows off your cool new technology, but it gives them peace of mind before the payment is processed.
- Always email the receipt: Assuming you chose a mobile payments solution with the proper functionality, always encourage your customers to provide an email address to which you can send a receipt. Ensure them that the receipt contains all of the necessary information pertaining to the transaction, including contact information for your business. With 35% of adults in America owning smartphones, that reassurance may even land in their inbox before you finish speaking with them.
- Emphasize security: I trust that you chose a secure mobile payments solution, but your customers, less familiar with the technology, may not be as convinced. Using the PaySimple Mobile Payments App as an example, here are some of the talking points you can relay to your customers:
- All payment information is encrypted and it’s never stored on the mobile device
- The PaySimple Mobile Payments App follows the same PCI DSS standards as its web-based counterpart
- Digitally entering payment information now means no payment information has to be written on paper.
(Of course, not all mobile payments apps can support these claims – see our blog on how to choose the right mobile payments app.)Your customers will soon learn that paying through your mobile solution is just as secure as paying online, and more secure than other methods of payments, such as sending a check in the mail.
- Finally, reinforce the benefits: Remind your customer that paying now means less hassle for both of you down the road. At this point, most will realize how secure your mobile payments solution is, and any other hesitancy will be out-weighed by the convenience of finalizing the transaction.
Hopefully you’ll never have to defend your mobile payments solution to any customer, but if you do, we think this list will help. With the most stubborn of detractors, you may still have to resort to past billing techniques to avoid sacrificing the sale. Check out our website for more information on mobile payments from PaySimple, or call 800-466-0992 today to speak to a representative.