Whether your list of customers lives in a spreadsheet, or is already integrated with your payment processing software, an up-to-date customer database is a critical component to being able to grow your business.
Here are two key ways to get more out of your customer database and grow your business:
1. Send Targeted Marketing Emails
Housing all of your customers in one system allows you to pull and export lists based on desired parameters. There are plenty of affordable and easy-to-use email tools – we like MailChimp or Constant Contact.
Looking for inspiration? Here are some ideas:
- Send a monthly newsletter to stay top-of-mind as well as communicate news and updates
- Thank valued customers with a simple thank you and encourage them to refer a friend or write a review
- Pull a list of inactive customers and offer them a promotion to return
- Have a seasonal or renewal business? Email last season’s customers, or those almost up for renewal, to encourage repeat business.
2. Gain Insights About Your Business
Sure, you know plenty of things about your business. I bet you know invoice volumes, outstanding payments and what it takes to maintain a healthy cash flow. Don’t stop there! With a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) tool integrated in your payment processing software, you can gain actionable insights that help you grow and thrive.
What might you want to know? Here are some ideas:
- What are the demographics of your best customers? Are they men or women? How old are they? How often to they come in for services? Do they return for similar services or mix it up?
- Put a similar lens on services: which services are the best sellers? Are they booked by new or repeat customers? What is the average price point?
Armed with this information, you can determine future advertising, pricing changes or what types of services to increase staffing for.
Don’t let the possibilities of data overwhelm you. Start small and develop an idea to help you grow your business. Determine what you need to know and enter a custom field into your database if necessary.
Want to become another PaySimple success story? See a free interactive demo of our complete service commerce platform.