It is that time of the year again: 2011 is coming to a close and 2012 is about to open. Tis’ the season for company holiday parties, including your upcoming office New Year’s Eve party.
I have planned my fair share of company parties and have seen the good, the bad, and the ugly. So if your company is cool enough to host a party or happy hour to close out 2011, here is a top 5 list of things that you should not do:
5) Do not forget to show up. Remember that if your company is nice enough to throw a little new year’s celebration, they must care about you 🙂
4) Do not wear your club clothes. Leave them at home and save them for another night out (without your co-workers).
3) Do not knock back that last drink if you don’t need it. Know your limits….you never want to be “that girl” or “that guy”. You will regret this on Monday morning back at the office.
2) Do not smooch your boss at midnight (not even on the cheek). Again, you will regret this on Monday morning back at the office.
1) (insert drum roll here)—Do not make a new year’s resolution that you can’t keep to your boss. Your year-end review has already completed and goals for 2012 have been set. There is no need to set extremely unrealistic expectations for yourself (even though you truly believe that you can beat your 2011 sales numbers by 300% after a few bourbon and Cokes).
DO have a blast and celebrate the end of a successful 2011. From everyone at PaySimple, we wish you a safe and happy New Year’s – see you in 2012!