As mentioned in a previous post on infographics, Google Trends indicated an 800% increase in infographic popularity between 2010 and 2012. Judging from the abundance of infographics on just about any topic you can think of (a search for “infographic” on Google today returned 17,200,000 results), that popularity shows no signs of waning in 2014.
The following infographics, published in the last month, provide useful tips and information that will help you better run your small business.
Small Business Management Infographics
- The Ghostbusters Guide to Management uses quotes from the movie to provide tips on how to be a more effective manager.
- The Small Business Optimism Index looks at the change in how small business owners viewed their financial situation from 2006 to 2014. (Things are finally looking up again!)
- Small Business 2014 Economy and Hiring Outlook provides a snapshot view of small business hiring and hiring plans in the US as a whole and by region and city.
Payments & Ecommerce Infographics
- Why Your Ecommerce Site Is Losing Money from Entrepeneur.com explores why 67.9% of shopping carts are abandoned prior to checkout, and provides advice on how you can reduce your cart abandonment rates.
- Product You explains how companies make money from your use of their free online services.
- Emerging Payment Methods looks at adoption drivers and deterrents for new mobile payment methods.
- Online Financial Fraud from Kaspersky Labs looks at how cybercriminals target individuals in order to steal money from their bank accounts.
- Cowries, Cash, and Credit provides an amusing look at the evolution of payments.
- 20 Captivating Marketing Statistics that will drive 2014 provides a quick look at trends that you should keep in mind as you create your marketing strategies and plans. For example, emails with social sharing buttons increase click through rates by 158%.
- The Content Marketing Landscape provides a cloud-based view of online spaces and channels to help you think about how to create and disseminate your content.
- Smartphone Shoppers Rarely Close the Deal compares conversion data across device types, and shows that despite the growth of mobile device use, PCs still boast higher conversion rates.
- A Website Designed provides a very helpful outline of how to design a small business website on a timeline that includes milestones, level of effort required, and importance.
Social Media Infographics
- The Year of the Social Small Business, as mentioned in last week’s post on LinkenIn, this infographic summarizes study findings on how small businesses are using social media.
- Social Media Networks provides a high-level breakdown of Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+ and LinkedIn to help you choose the right venue(s) for your message.
- The 36 Rules of Social Media provides dos and don’ts that will help you keep your social media strategy on track.
The nice thing about an infographic is that it enables you to digest a large amount of information in a short period of time. So, take a moment right now to check out one or more of these small business resource nuggets.
See weekly Small Business Tips like this one by subscribing to our blog.