With new social platforms popping up seemingly every day, small businesses have the opportunity to inexpensively connect with like-minded people in their industry’s niche. These social platforms can them help discover valuable resources and give them the ability to learn from seasoned professionals. However, the limited amount of time available for small business owners makes it difficult to weed out the tools that are most valuable to them.
Fortunately, there are plenty of reputable blogs that provide an aggregation of useful small business resources. Now, I realize there are hundreds (if not more) ‘Top Blog’ lists out there, but these are my absolute favorite resources. What makes them my favorites?
First, all the authors behind these blogs are extremely experienced and knowledgeable. More often than not, when I stumble upon (no pun intended) a random business blog, I question the ‘voice’ behind it. Everyone in this list has proven themselves as a reputable source – they are all in the same network of professionals. Second, they post relevantly and frequently. And finally, they promptly, politely, and helpfully respond to questions and comments. They may have positioned themselves as experts, but in no way do they neglect responding to any comment, as long as it is genuine.
- Duct Tape Marketing – Great at providing daily resources and advice for small businesses.
- Small Business Trends – A variety of distinct voices that help small businesses get on track for success. Not only are there great conversations, but Anita Campbell is more than helpful when responding to questions/comments.
- How To Change The World – A practical guide to entrepreneurship and marketing. Not only is Guy Kawasaki’s blog interesting, but by following him on other social networks, you are sure to run across useful and entertaining information.
- SmallBizTechnology.com – With so many new technologies emerging every day, SmallBizTechnology helps small businesses provide information and strategies to help your business grow.
- Escape From Cubicle Nation – Tired of the corporate world? Want to start your own business? Pamela Slim encourages, while providing advice and resources to start your dream job.
- StartUp Nation – A laundry list of authors that cover a variety of categories they are a one-stop shop for great content and resources.
- Small Business Labs – Great place to keep up-to-date with the future of small businesses.
- American Express OPEN Blog – A compilation of small business experts writing on topics including Finance, Marketing, Innovation, Leadership, and Management. Keep your eyes open because you will definitely run across authors from the other blogs in this list.
So check them out, bookmark them, comment on them, and even subscribe to them. I challenge you to visit three and not become a regular visitor to at least one.