Try These Business Assessments & See How Your Skills Rate
As a small business owner, you’re responsible for every aspect of your company from employee relations to marketing to security. It can be difficult to wear so many hats, but it is important to know your strengths and weaknesses so that you can fill your gaps with new employees (if you can afford it) or with additional education.
Find out how you rate in the following areas:
Small Business Skills Assessments
- Small Business Know-How: From Kiplinger.com this 10 question quiz tests what you know about getting your small business started and achieving financial success.
- Small Business Success Quiz: Based on the results of a Small Business Administration (SBA) survey of 100 successful business owners, this quiz lets you compare your answers with those from other pros.
- Is Your Company Likeable: This whitepaper is from a company trying to sell marketing services, but the Likeability index they created is a useful tool for your small business marketing. Use the index documented here to score your company.
Leadership & Management Skills Test
- Leadership Skills: Take this quiz to gauge your leadership strengths and weaknesses. After scoring your quiz, read the explanations below your score to see where you are strong, and where you need improvement.
- Leadership Style: Take this quiz to assess your leadership style and find out whether you tend more towards being an Ambassador, Advocate, People Mover, Truth-Seeker, Creative builder, or Experienced guide. Each style is defined, and you may be equally strong in one or more.
- Conflict Management: This PDF contains a quiz that will help you identify your conflict management style as Collaborating, Competing, Avoiding, Harmonizing, or Compromising. Each style is described along with its pros and cons.
- Personality Types: Take this quiz to determine which of the 16 standard personality types you are. Also, take the time to read more about not only your type, but all of the other types as well. It can help you more effectively communicate with the employees, customers, vendors and other business contacts you interact with every day.
Security Risk Awareness
- Identity at Risk: This Kiplinger.com quiz tests how savvy you are in identifying scammers attempting to steal your personal information.
- Phishing Quiz: This quiz from security software vendor McAfee asks you to separate legitimate email from malicious phishing email designed to trick you into disclosing personal information such as financial account numbers and passwords.
Business Etiquette Skills
- Business Etiquette Quiz: Test your etiquette skills and see if you would act appropriately in these 14 business situations.
- Cell Phone Etiquette Quiz: Are you a polite mobile phone user, or are you the guy annoying the person in the seat next to you who is trying to read? Take this quiz (in a PDF) to find out.
- Email Etiquette: Do you know when to respond, when to delete, and when to forward? Find out with this quiz. (Bonus: Do you recognize yourself, or your colleagues, in this list of Email Characters?)
Social Media Savvy
- Social Media Savvy Quiz: Take this quiz to see just how much you know about social media, and how your knowledge compares to social media professionals.
- Social Media Sharer Type: Take this quiz to determine if you are a Hipster, Altruist, Boomerang, Selective, Connector, or Careerist sharer.
- Facebook Marketing Quiz: Find out how much you know about the intricacy of Facebook marketing.